Creative Hegemony - Project 6 - Surfer Girl

I began a project to expand on my Creative Hegemony portfolio. I've used the title for a number of projects, only two of which are presented here. Of all those projects only the project below, innocuously titled 'Project 2,' used the 3D title font here [created in Illustrator CS3, and finished in Photoshop]. I tried more palm trees, more surf, but nothing I tried looked right. I had already done the palm and board thing, I thought to myself... how about something new?

So I began looking for tutorials. I figured I'd springboard from a tutorial into my own creative pool. I found this tutorial by Jan Cavan and set up my background and photo using the setting the author suggested. But that's where it ends. Thirty layers and three days later this is the result.

The subtitle, 'patience by design,' is a change from the usual tyranny by design I've used in other works. But I remember reading on the photographers site (Ryan Cardone Photography) that the surfer was waiting for a wave, and I imagine the best waves come to those who are patient. Click on the image to view it full-size.

The lower text-line is from a song title on Sting's album 'The Dream of the Blue Turtles.'

No Response to "Creative Hegemony - Project 6 - Surfer Girl"

Post a Comment